Optional Musical Accompaniment
We are now 99 days away from Vanderbilt football’s season opener against Hawaii. 99 for the Commodores is defensive lineman Devin Lee. The 6’1”, 290-pound junior from McDonough, Georgia, played in nine games last year after missing the first three due to injury and posted 13 tackles with 4.5 for loss and 1.5 sacks. He’ll feature heavily in the defensive line rotation this season assuming good health.
For the second season in a row, Vanderbilt women’s golf will compete for a national championship, teeing off today at the Grayhawk Golf Club in Scottsdale, Arizona, after finishing third at the Westfield Regional earlier in the month. The Commodores tee off at 3:20 PM CT. No video feed that I’m aware of, but you can follow along the live scoring.
Baseball lost the series opener 8-2 to Arkansas last night, surrendering four runs in a dumb, bad first inning thanks to two errors including one that should have been an inning-ending double play. Game 2 is tonight at 7:00 PM CT on the SEC Network.
Basketball got Ven-Allen Lubin from Notre Dame out of the transfer portal yesterday. And speaking of the transfer portal giving back, well, I hope Tyrin doesn’t like witness protection:
With the addition of Chad Baker-Mazara, Auburn is likely out of the picture for Tyrin Lawrence.— Trilly Donovan (@trillydonovan) May 19, 2023
Texas Tech and a return to Vanderbilt are the trending options right now, with Memphis and Texas trying to get a foot in the door.
Still no timetable for a decision.
Sports on TV
All times Central.
- 6:00 AM: Golf: PGA Championship, Second Round (ESPN+)
- 12:00 PM: Golf: PGA Championship, Second Round (ESPN)
- 2:00 PM: SEC Baseball: Missouri at Auburn (Game 1) (SEC Network+)
- 2:00 PM: SEC Baseball: Tennessee at South Carolina (Game 1) (SEC Network+)
- 5:00 PM: SEC Baseball: LSU at Georgia (SEC Network+)
- 5:30 PM: SEC Baseball: Florida at Kentucky (SEC Network+)
- 5:40 PM: MLB: Brewers at Rays (ESPN+)
- 6:00 PM: SEC Baseball: Tennessee at South Carolina (Game 2) (SEC Network+)
- 6:00 PM: SEC Baseball: Texas A&M at Mississippi State (SEC Network+)
- 6:00 PM: SEC Baseball: Missouri at Auburn (SEC Network+)
- 6:00 PM: SEC Baseball: Ole Miss at Alabama (SEC Network+)
- 6:07 PM: MLB: Orioles at Blue Jays (Apple TV+)
- 6:20 PM: MLB: Mariners at Braves (Apple TV+)
- 7:00 PM: MLB: Dodgers at Cardinals or Rockies at Rangers (MLB Network)
- 7:30 PM: NBA: Heat at Celtics, Game 2 (TNT)
- 7:30 PM: NHL: Stars at Golden Knights, Game 1 (ESPN)
SEC Baseball: LSU 8, Georgia 5 ... Florida 10, Kentucky 3 ... Alabama 4, Ole Miss 1 ... Mississippi State 10, Texas A&M 8.
NBA: Nuggets 108, Lakers 103 (Nuggets lead, 2-0.)
NHL: Panthers 3, Hurricanes 2 (Panthers lead, 1-0.)
SEC Baseball Standings
- Florida (19-9, 41-12)
- Vanderbilt (17-11, 35-17)
- South Carolina (15-11, 37-15)
- Kentucky (15-13, 35-16)
- Tennessee (14-13, 36-17)
- Missouri (10-17, 30-20)
- Georgia (10-18, 28-25)
- Arkansas (20-8, 39-13)
- LSU (18-9, 41-12)
- Auburn (14-13, 30-19-1)
- Alabama (14-14, 36-17)
- Texas A&M (12-16, 30-23)
- Mississippi State (9-19, 27-24)
- Ole Miss (6-22, 25-27)