Optional Musical Accompaniment
Vanderbilt basketball hosts UNC Greensboro tonight, which when the nonconference schedule was released looked like one of those sneaky-tough games that Vanderbilt wouldn’t get any respect for winning and now looks like “oh yeah, they can absolutely lose that game” after a week in which the Commodores lost to Presbyterian and needed a second-half rally to hold off USC Upstate. Tipoff tonight is at 7 PM CT on the SEC Network+.
Dan Gavitt is apparently admitting out loud that the NCAA is scared shitless of the Power 5 and that’s why the NIT is scrapping automatic bids and guaranteeing spots to mediocre Power 5 teams while also mulling NCAA Tournament expansion. You know, because Greg Sankey really needs to be rewarded for blowing up college sports in the name of money (and it’s probably kickbacks from television executives, because uh, the boards of regents approving conference realignment moves aren’t actually getting any financial benefit from it. We think.)
Anyway, game thread’s going up at 6:30. Comments lost on Friday night and hopefully that will get turned around tonight.
Bad Gambling Advice
Season to date: 18-11 ATS, 17-12 totals
- Wofford at Tennessee (5:30 PM CT, SEC Network+): Wofford +31.5, Under 142.5
- Florida A&M at Florida (6:00 PM CT, SEC Network+): Florida A&M +33, Under 143.5
- North Alabama at Mississippi State (6:30 PM CT, SEC Network+): Mississippi State -19, Over 137.5
- UNC Greensboro at Vanderbilt (7:00 PM CT, SEC Network+): Vanderbilt -2.5, Over 138
- Detroit Mercy at Ole Miss (7:00 PM CT, SEC Network+): Ole Miss -23.5, Over 143
- South Alabama at Alabama (7:00 PM CT, SEC Network+): Alabama -20.5, Over 153.5
- Texas A&M at SMU (7:00 PM CT, ESPN+): Texas A&M -6, Under 142
- Kentucky vs. Kansas (8:30 PM CT, ESPN): Kentucky +7, Over 147.5
Sports on TV
All times Central. College basketball schedule here.
- 6:00 PM: College football: Toledo at Bowling Green (ESPN2)
- 6:00 PM: College football: Western Michigan at Northern Illinois (ESPNU)
- 6:00 PM: College football: Akron at Eastern Michigan (CBS Sports)
- 6:30 PM: NBA: Spurs at Thunder (TNT)
- 9:00 PM: NBA: Clippers at Nuggets (TNT)
SEC Basketball: South Carolina 74, VMI 64 ... Missouri 68, SIU-Edwardsville 50 ... Arkansas 86, Old Dominion 77.
SEC Women’s Basketball: Tennessee 84, Memphis 74 ... Georgia 85, Georgia Southern 59 ... Florida 92, Florida A&M 54.
NFL: Broncos 24, Bills 22.
NHL: Oilers 4, Islanders 1 ... Avalanche 5, Kraken 1.