Optional Musical Accompaniment
Vanderbilt men’s basketball needed overtime, but finally got its first win of the season last night, beating Temple 89-87 and looking pretty much like the team I had expected to see going into the season. Myles Stute had 21 points, Liam Robbins 20, and Jordan Wright had 18. Road wins over top 100 teams are never something to sneeze at, and I kind of expected Vanderbilt to be 1-2 right now, so having the one win be over Temple rather than Southern Miss is fine. Also: Colin Smith and Trey Thomas missed last night’s game and are apparently going to miss some time.
Meanwhile, women’s basketball blew out Tarleton State 84-48 and is now 4-0 on the season.
At his weekly press conference ahead of Saturday’s game against Florida, Clark Lea wouldn’t commit to a starting quarterback, and that’s even if you assume A.J. Swann is healthy.
Bad Gambling Advice
Last night: 2-3-1 ATS, 3-3 totals; season to date: 13-20-1 ATS, 17-17 totals
- Florida Gulf Coast at Tennessee (6:00 PM CT, SEC Network+): Tennessee -21, Under 142.5
- South Dakota State at Arkansas (7:00 PM CT, SEC Network+): South Dakota State +14.5, Under 152
Sports on TV
All times Central.
- 5:00 PM: NCAAF: Eastern Michigan at Kent State (ESPN2)
- 5:00 PM: NCAAB: Michigan vs. Pittsburgh (ESPNU)
- 6:00 PM: NCAAF: Miami (Ohio) at Northern Illinois (CBS Sports)
- 6:00 PM: NCAAB: Eastern Illinois at Ohio State (BTN)
- 6:30 PM: NCAAB: Iowa at Seton Hall (FS1)
- 6:30 PM: NHL: Blues at Blackhawks (TNT)
- 6:30 PM: NBA: Celtics at Hawks (ESPN)
- 7:00 PM: NCAAF: Western Michigan at Central Michigan (ESPNU)
- 8:30 PM: NCAAB: Gonzaga at Texas (ESPN2)
- 9:00 PM: NHL: Kings at Oilers (TNT)
- 9:00 PM: NBA: Warriors at Suns (ESPN)
NHL: Canucks 5, Sabres 4 ... Panthers 5, Capitals 2 ... Devils 5, Canadiens 1 ... Maple Leafs 5, Penguins 2 ... Lightning 5, Stars 4 ... Blue Jackets 5, Flyers 4 ... Predators 2, Wild 1 ... Ducks 3, Red Wings 2 ... Sharks 5, Golden Knights 2.