Optional Musical Accompaniment
We are now 8 days away from Vanderbilt football’s September 4 season opener against East Tennessee State. 8 for the Commodores is quarterback Ken Seals. If you’re familiar with one player on the roster, it’s probably Seals, the 6’3”, 220-pound sophomore from Azle, Texas, who started all nine games last season and threw for 1,928 yards. He was only the third true freshman to ever start the season opener for an SEC team, joining Auburn’s Bo Nix and former Tennessee and Ole Miss quarterback Brent Schaeffer, who started the 2004 season opener for the Vols.
Vanderbilt soccer dropped one in overtime at Western Kentucky last night, 3-2 with the Hilltoppers scoring the winner on a penalty kick in the 94th minute. Two of Western’s three goals came courtesy of penalty kicks, which... okay.
Clark Lea had media availability after practice last night:
Sports on TV
All times Central.
- 10:50 AM: FIBA: Cote d’Ivoire v. Malaysia (ESPN+)
- 1:50 PM: FIBA: Senegal v. South Sudan (ESPN+)
- 2:00 PM: PGA Tour: BMW Championship, Second Round (Golf Channel)
- 6:10 PM: MLB: Nationals at Mets (MLB.tv free game)
- 7:00 PM: NFL Preseason: Vikings at Chiefs (NFL Network)
- 7:05 PM: MLB: Astros at Rangers (ESPN+)
- 7:10 PM: MLB: Cubs at White Sox (MLB Network)
- 7:10 PM: MLB: Brewers at Twins (MLB Network)
- 10:50 PM: FIBA: Taiwan v. Guam (ESPN+)
MLB: Orioles 13, Angels 1 ... Reds 5, Brewers 1 ... White Sox 10, Blue Jays 7 ... Diamondbacks 8, Phillies 7 ... Pirates 11, Cardinals 7 ... Red Sox 12, Twins 2 ... Giants 3, Mets 2 ... Cleveland 10, Rangers 6 ... Marlins 7, Nationals 5 ... Dodgers 4, Padres 0 ... Yankees 7, A’s 6 ... Royals 6, Mariners 4.