Optional Musical Accompaniment
We are now 11 days away from Vanderbilt football’s September 4 season opener against East Tennessee State. 11 for the Commodores is defensive back Justin Harris. The 6’1”, 195-pound redshirt sophomore from Attalla, Alabama, played in all nine games last season with two starts, notching nine tackles and a pass breakup.
Vanderbilt is into the final week of fall camp, and according to the writeup, the quarterback battle still isn’t settled with both Ken Seals and Mike Wright still getting reps. I’ve made my thoughts on this clear: I think Seals is the starter and this competition is mostly for show, but it’s still really good to know that Vanderbilt has a capable backup if Seals gets injured this season.
Lacrosse has three new transfers from Louisville.
Sports on TV
All times Central.
- 2:00 PM: LLWS: Abilene, TX vs. Toms River, NJ (ESPN)
- 2:37 PM: MLB: Mariners at A’s (MLB Network)
- 6:07 PM: MLB: White Sox at Blue Jays (MLB Network)
- 6:10 PM: MLB: Twins at Red Sox (ESPN+)
- 6:10 PM: MLB: Giants at Mets (MLB.tv free game)
- 6:20 PM: MLB: Yankees at Braves (MLB Network)
- 6:30 PM: LLWS: Hooksett, NH vs. Lake Oswego, OR (ESPN)
- 9:00 PM: MLB: Dodgers at Padres (ESPN)