Hopefully now that you’ve had a few days to mourn the loss of the title we held since 2019, you’ve got some questions. Listen, I know all the sayings about second place, and our defensive play especially left a bad taste in your mouth, but winning it all in 2019 and coming in second this year is still really good. I know, I know... it was Clanga, and their fans are insufferable. Still.
*Note: Please check the Vanderbilt Baseball July Coverage Update, so you know what’s coming this month.
Here are the rules of the mail bag:
- This is a BASEBALL mailbag, so limit your questions to Vanderbilt baseball, SEC baseball, college baseball, or Vanderbilt baseball alums in the pros like Tony Kemp.
- Post your questions here in the comments and I’ll answer them in a post on this week. Just post them in the body of the comment, with the subject line: “Question for the mail bag.” You may also send your questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- I will collate the best of said emails/questions in the comments, and cull ones that deal with the same topic (so we don’t have to repeat ourselves multiple times weekly).
- All Anchor of Gold community guidelines apply to the questions. Our basic rule is “don’t be the worst.” Chuggers fans violate this like it’s their birth right.
- Mike Papi and Luke Smith are human garbage. Cowbells are annoying.
...and that’s it.
*Note: Questions about other SEC baseball teams are welcome, too. I just won’t know as much about them, and will likely respond with juvenile, biased trash talk.
I will do this weekly until the end of the season as long as the questions keep coming in. If they dry up, no post. I’m not mad, just disappointed.