Optional Musical Accompaniment
We are now 81 days away from Vanderbilt football’s season opener against ETSU. 81 for Vanderbilt is wide receiver Will Sheppard. The 6’3”, 190-pound sophomore from Mandeville, Louisiana, was a late addition to the 2020 signing class and impressed enough in camp to get into eight games as a true freshman in 2020, mostly on special teams though he did have two catches on the season including a ridiculous 24-yard catch against Florida. Sheppard was one of those late-bloomers with ridiculous numbers and tape during his senior year of high school, and that late take seems like it may pay off in the future.
And, we now have a game time for Vanderbilt baseball’s first game of the College World Series. Vanderbilt will open against Arizona at 6 PM CT on Saturday; that game will be televised on ESPN, after the conclusion of the first game between Stanford and NC State, which starts at 1 PM.
Also, Andrew answered questions from Arizona blog Arizona Desert Swarm. (If you’re wondering, their answers to our questions are coming later today.)
MLB: Mets 5, Cubs 2 ... Nationals 3, Pirates 2 ... Cleveland 4, Orioles 3 ... Red Sox 2, Blue Jays 1 ... Reds 10, Brewers 2 ... Tigers 10, Royals 3 ... Rays 5, White Sox 2 ... Cardinals 4, Marlins 2 ... Rockies 3, Padres 2 ... A’s 8, Angels 5 ... Giants 5, Diamondbacks 2 ... Mariners 4, Twins 3 ... Dodgers 3, Phillies 1.
Sports on TV
All times Central.
- 11:00 AM: Euro 2020: Hungary v. Portugal (ESPN)
- 11:00 AM: FIBA: Virgin Islands v. El Salvador (ESPN+)
- 2:00 PM: Euro 2020: France v. Germany (ESPN)
- 2:00 PM: FIBA: Canada v. Colombia (ESPN+)
- 5:00 PM: FIBA: Dominican Republic v. Venezuela (ESPN+)
- 6:00 PM: MLB: Cubs at Mets (ESPN)
- 6:20 PM: MLB: Red Sox at Braves (MLB.tv free game)
- 7:00 PM: NHL: Islanders at Lightning (NBC Sports)
- 7:30 PM: NBA: Bucks at Nets (TNT)
- 8:45 PM: MLB: Diamondbacks at Giants (ESPN+)