Vanderbilt was all business in the Supers. We took ECU’s best punch in Game One, but never really had to sweat all weekend, as we became the first team in the nation to move on to Omaha. Outside of Nashville, Stansbury demolished the Texas Tech Witness Protection Program two games to none. NC State took their medicine in Game One, 21-2, but then came back and beat Boss Hog and the Kopps 3-2 in Game Three to punch their tickets. In the nightcap, Arizona made quick work of Ole Piss, proving yet again that the strategy of starting your closer in Game Three is suboptimal.
As you’re making your travel arrangements, take a minute to ask a question.
Here are the rules of the mail bag:
- This is a BASEBALL mailbag, so limit your questions to Vanderbilt baseball, SEC baseball, college baseball, or Vanderbilt baseball alums in the pros like Tony Kemp.
- Post your questions here in the comments and I’ll answer them in a post on this week. Just post them in the body of the comment, with the subject line: “Question for the mail bag.” You may also send your questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- I will collate the best of said emails/questions in the comments, and cull ones that deal with the same topic (so we don’t have to repeat ourselves multiple times weekly).
- All Anchor of Gold community guidelines apply to the questions. Our basic rule is “don’t be the worst.” Chuggers fans violate this like it’s their birth right.
- Mike Papi and Luke Smith are human garbage. Cowbells are annoying.
...and that’s it.
*Note: Questions about other SEC baseball teams are welcome, too. I just won’t know as much about them, and will likely respond with juvenile, biased trash talk.
I will do this weekly as long as the questions keep coming in. If they dry up, no post. I’m not mad, just disappointed.