Optional Musical Accompaniment
We are now 84 days — twelve weeks — away from Vanderbilt football’s season opener against ETSU. 84 for Vanderbilt is tight end Justin Ball. The 6’6”, 265-pound junior (redshirt sophomore) from Glenn Dale, Maryland, played in all nine games last season with four starts, though he registered just one catch on the season. Ball should function as a blocking tight end again as a counterweight to Ben Bresnahan.
So, that sets up today’s Game 2 at 11 AM CT on ESPN2, where Vanderbilt will have a chance to be the first team to punch its ticket to Omaha, and they’ll be going against Not Gavin Williams to do so.
Elsewhere yesterday, Texas Tech made its fans sit through a 15-3 beatdown loss to Stanford in 108-degree heat. Arkansas beat NC State 21-2, and Arizona beat Ole Miss 9-3. Here is the rest of Saturday’s super regional schedule.
- 11:00 AM CT: Dallas Baptist vs. Virginia (ESPNU)
- 1:00 PM CT: Notre Dame vs. Mississippi State (ESPN)
- 2:00 PM CT: Arkansas vs. NC State (ESPN2)
- 2:00 PM CT: Texas Tech vs. Stanford (ESPNU)
- 6:00 PM CT: LSU vs. Tennessee (ESPN2)
- 8:00 PM CT: South Florida vs. Texas (ESPNU)
- 9:00 PM CT: Ole Miss vs. Arizona (ESPN2)