Optional Musical Accompaniment
The SEC Tournament continues today, and Vanderbilt gets underway tonight with a game against the fifth-seeded Ole Miss Rebels at (officially) 8 PM CT on the SEC Network, but we all know it’s not really going to start at 8 PM. The SEC Tournament is famous (infamous?) for getting way behind schedule while trying to play four baseball games in the same park on the same day, and that’s even before you account for the fact that the weather forecast calls for a slight chance of rain (on the order of about 20 percent) in the Birmingham area this afternoon. Will this game get underway before midnight? Maybe! Will this game end before midnight? Almost certainly not.
Anyway, here are the three games in Hoover that will precede the Vanderbilt-Ole Miss game (and of course, use this as your open thread for watching these games.) All times are Central, all games will be televised on the SEC Network.
- 9:30 AM: (6) Florida vs. (3) Mississippi State
- 1:00 PM: (10) Alabama vs. (2) Tennessee
- 4:30 PM: (8) Georgia vs. (1) Arkansas
In other Vanderbilt news, Christina Rosca advanced to the Elite Eight of the NCAA singles competition with a three-set win over Duke’s Kelly Chen on Tuesday. That earns her a matchup with the #1 seed in the tournament, Sara Daavettila of North Carolina, at 11 AM CT today.
Shea Ralph rounded out her staff with the addition of Leah Dusterhoft as Director of Creative Content.
The football team’s June enrollees will arrive on campus next week, and 247 Sports profiles all of them.
MLB: Cubs 4, Pirates 3 ... Phillies 2, Marlins 0 ... Reds 2, Nationals 1 ... Blue Jays 6, Yankees 2 ... Braves 3, Red Sox 1 ... Cleveland 4, Tigers 1 ... Mets 3, Rockies 1 ... Royals 2, Rays 1 ... Twins 7, Orioles 4 ... Padres 7, Brewers 1 ... Dodgers 9, Astros 2 ... White Sox 8, Cardinals 3 ... Angels 11, Rangers 5 ... Mariners 4, A’s 3 ... Giants 8, Diamondbacks 0.
Sports on TV
All times Central.
- 12:10 PM: MLB: Orioles at Twins (MLB Network)
- 1:10 PM: MLB: Cardinals at White Sox (MLB Network)
- 3:07 PM: MLB: Rangers at Angels (MLB.tv free game)
- 5:30 PM: NHL: Penguins at Islanders (NBC Sports)
- 6:00 PM: NBA: Wizards at 76ers (NBATV)
- 6:10 PM: MLB: Braves at Red Sox (ESPN+)
- 6:30 PM: MLB: Dodgers at Astros (ESPN)
- 6:30 PM: NBA: Hawks at Knicks (TNT)
- 7:00 PM: NHL: Panthers at Lightning (CNBC)
- 8:00 PM: NHL: Golden Knights at Wild (NBC Sports)
- 9:00 PM: NBA: Grizzlies at Jazz (TNT)