Optional Musical Accompaniment
The SEC baseball tournament opens today, and while Vanderbilt doesn’t play, you guys can use this as an open thread if you’re interested in watching the four games of the opening round. All four games will be televised on the SEC Network; listed times (aside from the first game) are approximate what with the schedule inevitably getting behind and are in Central time.
- 9:30 AM: (11) Kentucky vs. (6) Florida
- 1:00 PM: (10) Alabama vs. (7) South Carolina
- 4:30 PM: (9) LSU vs. (8) Georgia
- 8:00 PM: (12) Auburn vs. (5) Ole Miss
The SEC also announced its postseason awards yesterday, and three Commodores were named to the All-SEC first team: Kumar Rocker, Jack Leiter, and Enrique Bradfield Jr. Bradfield was also named the SEC Freshman of the Year, and Leiter the Newcomer of the Year (an odd designation, since he played last year, but I guess we’re not counting 2020.)
The Hustler also previewed the SEC Tournament.
Christina Rosca beat Miami’s Isabella Pfenning yesterday in three sets to advance to the Sweet 16 of the NCAA individual championships. She’ll face Duke’s Kelly Chen at 11 AM CT today.
Celina Sattelkau finished the NCAA Championships in a tie for 23rd.
Dayton transfer Rodney Chatman officially joined the basketball program yesterday, and Clark Lea announced the hiring of Bella Baker as on-campus recruiting coordinator.
Sports on TV
All times Central.
- 5:40 PM: MLB: Phillies at Marlins (MLB.tv free game)
- 6:30 PM: NBA: Celtics at Nets (TNT)
- 6:30 PM: NHL: Maple Leafs at Canadiens (NBC Sports)
- 7:00 PM: NHL: Predators at Hurricanes (CNBC)
- 7:10 PM: MLB: Dodgers at Astros (FS1)
- 8:38 PM: MLB: Rangers at Angels (MLB Network)
- 8:40 PM: MLB: Mariners at A’s (MLB Network)
- 9:00 PM: NBA: Lakers at Suns (TNT)
- 9:30 PM: NBA: Mavericks at Clippers (NBATV)