Optional Musical Accompaniment
Well, Vanderbilt closed the regular season with a 7-5 loss to Kentucky on Saturday on Coltyn Kessler’s three-run homer with two outs in the top of the ninth. In other words, Vanderbilt was one out away from winning the game, and I believe that single swing of the bat pushed Vanderbilt from the 2-seed in the SEC Tournament to the 4-seed in Hooverville.
The 4-seed? You know what that means. Vanderbilt has the late game on Wednesday. We can all laugh at the fact that the SEC lists the game time as 8 PM CT. When is the last time that the final game of the day even started before 9? Anyway, get ready to be up all night. More on Saturday’s game from the Hustler.
Celina Sattelkau shot a 3-under par 68 in the second round of the NCAA Championship, putting her solidly in a tie for 11th entering the third round.
MLB: Yankees 7, White Sox 0 ... Rockies 7, Diamondbacks 6 ... Nationals 12, Orioles 9 ... Rangers 8, Astros 4 ... Royals 7, Tigers 5 ... Brewers 4, Reds 3 ... Cleveland 5, Twins 3 ... Marlins 3, Mets 1 ... Braves 6, Pirates 1 ... Cardinals 2, Cubs 1 ... Dodgers 6, Giants 3 ... Red Sox 4, Phillies 3 ... Rays 3, Blue Jays 1 ... Padres 6, Mariners 4 ... A’s 6, Angels 2.
Sports on TV
All times Central.
- 7:00 AM: PGA Championship (ESPN+)
- 9:00 AM: PGA Championship (ESPN)
- 12:00 PM: NBA: Wizards at 76ers (TNT)
- 12:00 PM: PGA Championship (CBS)
- 1:30 PM: NHL: Hurricanes at Predators (NBC Sports)
- 2:30 PM: NBA: Lakers at Suns (ABC)
- 3:07 PM: MLB: A’s at Angels (ESPN+)
- 4:00 PM: NHL: Blues at Avalanche (NBC Sports)
- 6:00 PM: NBA: Hawks at Knicks (TNT)
- 6:00 PM: MLB: Cubs at Cardinals (ESPN)
- 6:00 PM: NHL: Bruins at Capitals (USA)
- 6:30 PM: NHL: Oilers at Jets (NBC Sports)
- 8:30 PM: NBA: Grizzlies at Jazz (TNT)