Well, that was fun. The Diamond Dores—the team of the last decade—swept the Yellow Show Gumbo Bengals—the team of the 90s and early 2000s. They now have polar opposite records, with The Boys at 8-1 in league play, and The Tigahs at a less than Missourah (spits) 1-8.
Jack has ascended to the “Best College Pitcher Ever” conversation, Kumar is still Kumar, Mighty Carter Young is fast turning into Dansby the Mansby Swanson, and Chi Chi is framing pitches so well, I’m all:
Frame jobs so good, Harrison Ford is all, "I didn't kill my wife!" pic.twitter.com/1IPf0lAEPH— Anchor of Gold (@anchorofgold) April 3, 2021
Anyway, I assume you have questions.
Here are the rules of the mail bag:
- This is a BASEBALL mailbag, so limit your questions to Vanderbilt baseball, SEC baseball, college baseball, or Vanderbilt baseball alums in the pros like Tony Kemp.
- Post your questions here in the comments and I’ll answer them in a post on this week. Just post them in the body of the comment, with the subject line: “Question for the mail bag.” You may also send your questions to email@example.com.
- I will collate the best of said emails/questions in the comments, and cull ones that deal with the same topic (so we don’t have to repeat ourselves multiple times weekly).
- All Anchor of Gold community guidelines apply to the questions. Our basic rule is “don’t be the worst.” Chuggers fans violate this like it’s their birth right.
- Mike Papi and Luke Smith are human garbage. Cowbells are annoying.
...and that’s it.
*Note: Questions about other SEC baseball teams are welcome, too. I just won’t know as much about them, and will likely respond with juvenile, biased trash talk.
I will do this weekly as long as the questions keep coming in. If they dry up, no post. I’m not mad, just disappointed.