Letters... we get letters... we get sacks and sacks of letters...
Our long national nightmare is (almost) over. Vanderbilt Baseball returns to The Hawk on February 19th with a three game set against Wright “Said Fred” State.
We will have the most dominant pitching staff in the game by a wide margin. Further, if you manage to catch Rocker, Leiter, or Smith on a bad day, your reward is being kicked in the teeth with mid to high 90s heat in the form of a bullpen full of SEC quality starters. Hell, Hliboki would be the ace on at least half the teams we will play this year.
Okay... I’ve got to pause for a second... not used to Pangloss being right about anything. What is this? Hope? Optimism? Happiness?
With Vanderbilt baseball, it’s just called being realistic.
Either way, I assume you have questions (and not just about whether or not Vanderbilt Baseball twitter thinks the number 6 comes within the top 5).
Here are the rules of the mail bag:
- This is a BASEBALL mailbag, so limit your questions to Vanderbilt baseball, SEC baseball, college baseball, or Vanderbilt baseball alums in the pros like Tony Kemp.
- Post your questions here in the comments some time this weekend, and I’ll answer them in a post on this week. Just post them in the body of the comment, with the subject line: “Question for the mail bag.” You may also send your questions to email@example.com.
- I will collate the best of said emails/questions in the comments, and cull ones that deal with the same topic (so we don’t have to repeat ourselves multiple times weekly). The answers will usually be published on Tuesday or Wednesday.
- All Anchor of Gold community guidelines apply to the questions. Our basic rule is “don’t be the worst.” Chuggers fans violate this like it’s their birth right.
- Mike Papi and Luke Smith are human garbage. Cowbells are annoying.
...and that’s it.
*Note: Questions about other SEC baseball teams are welcome, too. I just won’t know as much about them, and will likely respond with juvenile, biased trash talk.
I will do this weekly as long as the questions keep coming in. If they dry up, no post. I’m not mad, just disappointed.