The Dores fought hard, especially after Scotty Pippen, Jr. sent the game to overtime with a late three pointer. Still, it was not enough. Temple controlled most of the 2nd half, and came away with a hard fought 72-68 overtime win, The Dores are now 5-3 on the season with two homes games (against Loyola-Chicago and Austin Peay) and a mini-vacation tourney in Hawaii before SEC play begins. Things are not exactly looking great for the Peach Basket Dores. The NCAA tourney hopes are all but shot, as are the NIT consolation prize hopes.
Problem is Temple has just figured out how to defend us. It's by playing defense.— Andrew VU '04 (@AndrewVU041) December 8, 2021
If I told you we held Temple to 39 points with 10 minutes remaining in the game, and were still down 7, would the gun rattling in your mouth shatter your teeth, or no?— Andrew VU '04 (@AndrewVU041) December 8, 2021
I'm fast believing we'll become the "Feels like '08" fanbase, except, being smart, we will always fully realize we will never get back to that status. More likely we'll be the "This is not remotely like '08" fanbase. Jeff Green traveled.— Andrew VU '04 (@AndrewVU041) December 8, 2021
Anyway, I’m sure you have questions.
Here are the rules of the mail bag:
This is a basketball mail bag, so limit your questions to Vanderbilt basketball, SEC basketball, college basketball, and possibly the occasional NBA or general basketball question will be answered.
- Post your questions here in the comments.
- I will take the best questions, and possibly narrow down those that deal with the same topic. Then, all Anchor of Gold community writers will get the opportunity to chime in. The answers will be published on Saturday. *Note: This time we’re going to try to get our answers in before tip off against Winthrop, so let’s get these questions in today.
- All Anchor of Gold community guidelines apply to the questions.
- Ted Skuchas is a living legend.
- Josh Henderson has a year of eligibility left.
- Jeff Green traveled.