Briefly: There are 82 bowl slots available. By my count, 73 teams have reached six wins. At least four more are guaranteed, due to matchups between 5-6 teams. That gets us to 77.
Can we get a bowl bid for 5-7 Washington or (checks rankings)...MTSU? Probably not, but let's give it a run.
(This is what happens when Vanderbilt football is a pile, and therefore we turn our attention elsewhere.)
All times Central Standard Time, the Lord's preferred timezone. 5-win teams in bold.
- Thanksgiving, 2:30 PM, FS1: Fresno St. at San Jose St. — SJSU lost 40-9
- Friday, 2:30 PM, ESPN+: South Alabama at Coastal Carolina
- Friday, 3:30 PM, FS1: TCU at Iowa St.
- 11:00 AM, SECN: Florida St. at Florida (both are 5-6, cheer against whoever)
- 11:00 AM, BTN: Maryland at Rutgers (both are 5-6, cheer against whoever)
- 1:00 PM, ESPN+: Charlotte at Old Dominion (both are 5-6, cheer against whoever)
- 1:00 PM, ESPN+: Texas-San Antonio at North Texas
- 1:00 PM, ESPN+: Troy St. at Georgia St.
- 2:00 PM, none apparently: Hawaii at Wyoming (Hawaii would be 6-7, still counting that)
- 2:45 PM, ACCN: Virginia Tech at Virginia
- 3:00 PM, ESPN2: Tulsa at SMU
- 6:00 PM, ESPN: Texas A&M at LSU
- 6:00 PM, FS1: West Virginia at Kansas
- 6:00 PM, Stadium Video (free on Roku): MTSU at Florida Atlantic (both are 5-6)
- 6:30 PM, ESPNU: Tulane at Memphis
- 6:30 PM, ACCN: Pitt at Syracuse
- 9:30 PM, ESPN: BYU at USC (USC is only 4-6, and would still need to beat Cal as well)
- 9:30 PM, FS1: California at UCLA (Cal is only 4-6, and would still need to beat USC as well)