- Clark Lea started off, in response to a question about what happened in the first few minutes of the second half, said that he liked how the defense came out and got a stop, but they failed to execute on the fake punt.
- When we gave up chunk plays they scored touchdowns; when we forced them to drive the field, they stalled out. The breakdown in the second half happened because we gave up chunk plays, and we need to execute better. We also gave them a short field on the interception and that’s a recipe for disaster in this league.
- The four empty possessions in the first half were frustrating because we were executing our game plan to try to control the clock and tax their defense. We have to find some chunk gains and we have to find the end zone. If we had scored some touchdowns and made our field goals it would have been a tight game and then the pressure’s on them in the second half.
- I thought there were some things the offense did well in the first half that didn’t really carry over to the second half. There’s nothing we can do about it now, just be better going forward.
- He doesn’t foresee Rocko Griffin being out going forward.
- He’s disappointed in the missed field goals, but has faith in kicker Joseph Bulovas.
- We adjusted the game plan on offense because we weren’t getting anything inside, so we worked to attack the perimeter.