Optional Musical Accompaniment
Vanderbilt football landed another commitment on Tuesday, this one from just down the road in Brentwood:
BREAKING: #Vandy has landed the commitment of local DB John Howse IV.— Josh Helmholdt (@JoshHelmholdt) September 29, 2020
“After just praying about it and talking to my family, I feel this was the best spot for me."
ARTICLE: https://t.co/OEobATbMDI pic.twitter.com/0wUUlFk7hM
Also: Rob Manfred sucks.
Ya know, since we had this discussion in the comments yesterday I am going to continue it. Rob Manfred has no idea what the problem with Major League Baseball is right now — it’s that, basically, the game has devolved into a Neanderthal struggle between the guys who throw the hardest and the guys who hit the ball the farthest, and all the strikeouts mean that there’s not a ton of action between the sprinkling of homers to make the game interesting. It used to be really something when Randy Johnson would blow away opposing hitters to the tune of 15 strikeouts and now that happens roughly once a week, only it doesn’t because they get pulled after six innings. Instead, Rob Manfred thinks the problem is that the game is too long and misses the basic reality that included in that three and a half hours is not much in the way of real action. But, sure, letting pitchers say “I intentionally walk you” instead of throwing four pitches out of the strike zone shaved a few seconds off the game, so it’s worth pissing off the diehards for that. And yes, adopting a goofy beer-league softball rule of putting a runner on second in extra innings will put a stop to the weird baseball that occurs in 14-inning games.
Okay, rant over. Thank you for stopping by.
Actual Sports on TV
All times Central.
- 11:00 AM: MLB: Cincinnati Reds at Atlanta Braves (ESPN)
- 12:00 PM: MLB: Houston Astros at Minnesota Twins (ESPN2)
- 1:00 PM: MLB: Miami Marlins at Chicago Cubs (ABC)
- 2:00 PM: MLB: Chicago White Sox at Oakland A’s (ESPN)
- 3:00 PM: MLB: Toronto Blue Jays at Tampa Bay Rays (TBS)
- 4:00 PM: MLB: St. Louis Cardinals at San Diego Padres (ESPN2)
- 6:00 PM: MLB: New York Yankees at Cleveland Indians (ESPN)
- 8:00 PM: NBA: Miami Heat vs. Los Angeles Lakers (ABC)
- 9:00 PM: MLB: Milwaukee Brewers at Los Angeles Dodgers (ESPN)