Optional Musical Accompaniment
So, it’s been several weeks since the SEC announced that it was going to a ten-game, conference-only schedule for the 2020 football season, and that season will start on the new date of September 26. Last week we learned that Vanderbilt’s two additional opponents will be LSU and Mississippi State, and tonight at 6:00 PM CT, the SEC will reveal the new schedule on a live special on the SEC Network... because, you know, they need content, I guess.
(Actually, the Week 1 schedule will be revealed on the Paul Finebaum Show, because why not make people watch Finebaum.)
Anyway, the linked article also reveals that the SEC’s ten-game schedule will be played out over eleven weeks, ending on December 5, and the SEC Championship game will be played on December 19. (When does basketball season start?)
Andrew has your MLB daily thread later today, and I guess you guys can go ahead and use this as your watch party thread for the schedule reveal, because why not.
Actual Sports on TV
All times Central.
- 12:30 PM: NBA: Utah Jazz vs. Denver Nuggets (ESPN)
- 2:00 PM: NHL: Columbus Blue Jackets vs. Tampa Bay Lightning (NBC Sports)
- 3:00 PM: NBA: Brooklyn Nets vs. Toronto Raptors (ESPN)
- 4:30 PM: NHL: Atizona Coyotes vs. Colorado Avalanche (NBC Sports)
- 5:30 PM: NBA: Philadelphia 76ers vs. Boston Celtics (ESPN)
- 7:00 PM: NHL: Carolina Hurricanes vs. Boston Bruins (NBC Sports)
- 8:00 PM: NBA: Dallas Mavericks vs. Los Angeles Clippers (ESPN)
- 8:05 PM: MLB: San Diego Padres at Texas Rangers (FS1)
- 9:30 PM: NHL: St. Louis Blues vs. Vancouver Canucks (NBC Sports)