January 11, 2020
Well I just had to go and be optimistic about this game, didn’t I? Instead, Aaron Nesmith, the SEC’s leading scorer at 23.0 ppg, is rumored to be out with a stress fracture, possibly for the rest of the season. And Clevon Brown, as far as we know, is still out as well (rumored to be an MCL sprain.)
So, here are the players that Vanderbilt has available for today’s game:
- Saben Lee (16.6 ppg, 3.8 rpg, 5.1 apg)
- Scotty Pippen Jr. (10.8 ppg, 3.0 rpg, 4.6 apg)
- Maxwell Evans (7.1 ppg, 3.0 rpg, 1.4 apg)
- Dylan Disu (6.0 ppg, 5.6 rpg, 1.1 apg)
- Jordan Wright (3.9 ppg, 1.9 rpg, 0.3 apg)
- Ejike Obinna (3.5 ppg, 3.2 rpg)
- Matthew Moyer (2.1 ppg, 2.1 rpg)
- Oton Jankovic (we assume?)
- Isaiah Rice
- Braelee Albert
- Drew Weikert
- Trace Arbuckle
- Jon Jossell
Yeah, those last five are all walk-ons. That’s eight scholarship players available, possibly seven if Weird Oton Jankovic can’t go, and, uh, yeah.
This is going to be brutal. But the visiting Texas A&M Aggies might be even more brutal.
Oh, fuck it. Play it again, Sam.