Letters... we get letters... we get sacks and sacks of letters...
With Saturday’s 9-5 win over the Auburn University War Tigers, our Diamond Dores just swept the entire state of Alabama, improved to 34-9 (15-6 SEC), and claimed sole possession of 1st place in the SEC. Sure, Arky can tie us with a win over The Chuggers this afternoon, but we have the head to head advantage over the Hogs—and anyway, no time for math, as...
Still, in each game, our offense and starting pitching showed up, but with Tyler “The Delivery Man” Brown out due to a family matter, our bullpen, and perhaps more significantly, our bullpen management, showed cracks in the foundation. With that, and injuries to Cooper “The Ontario Barrel-Maker” Davis and Stephen “The Sentient Fire Hydrant” Scott, I’m sure you have questions.
Seeing as there’s no baseball today, let’s open up the mail bag.
Of course, just because we have the day off does not mean the rest of the SEC does. Feel free to ask mail bag questions in the comments, and use the comments section as a game thread to discuss games of import to us, such as (in order of importance to us):
- Clanga going for the home sweep against Ugga: 1pm CT SECN+.
- Arky going for the home sweep against The Chuggers: 4pm CT SECN.
- Our two next weekend opponents (The Missourah Tigers of the Big XII going for a home sweep of The South Cackalacky Game Penises): 2pm CT SECN+.
- LSU and The Gumps in a Rubber Match in Tuscaloosa: 1pm CT SECN+.
- The Kentucky Jamal Mashburn Jerseys Worn at Weddings (our final SEC opponent) and The Gainesville Jorts in a Rubber Match down in the swamp: 11am ESPN2.
Send your questions to firstname.lastname@example.org some time today, and I’ll answer them in a post on this week. You may also post your questions here in the comments. Just post them in the body of the comment, with the subject line: “Question for the mail bag.”
*Note: Questions about other SEC baseball teams are welcome, too. I just won’t know as much about them, and will likely respond with juvenile, biased trash talk.
I will do this weekly as long as the questions keep coming in. If they dry up, no post. I’m not mad, just disappointed.