Vanderbilt, you might have heard, is not playing in this year’s NCAA Tournament. For those of you still watching, here’s your viewing guide for Friday.
The Early Window
- (10) Iowa vs. (7) Cincinnati (11:15 AM, CBS)
- (9) Oklahoma vs. (8) Ole Miss (11:40 AM, truTV)
- (14) Northern Kentucky vs. (3) Texas Tech (12:30 PM, TNT)
- (13) UC Irvine vs. (4) Kansas State (1:00 PM, TBS)
Here, you have two classic tossup games in Iowa-Cincinnati and Oklahoma-Ole Miss, and a possible upset special in UC Irvine-Kansas State. On paper, this is a pretty good-looking opening window. Let’s move on...
The Afternoon Window
- (15) Colgate vs. (2) Tennessee (1:45 PM, CBS)
- (16) Gardner-Webb vs. (1) Virginia (2:10 PM, truTV)
- (11) Arizona State vs. (6) Buffalo (3:00 PM, TNT)
- (12) Oregon vs. (5) Wisconsin (3:30 PM, TBS)
WE ARE ALL RAIDERS.
The Early Evening Window
- (9) Washington vs. (8) Utah State (5:50 PM, TNT)
- (16) North Dakota State vs. (1) Duke (6:10 PM, CBS)
- (14) Georgia State vs. (3) Houston (6:20 PM, TBS)
- (12) Liberty vs. (5) Mississippi State (6:27 PM, truTV)
Remember when Darius Garland dropped 33 on Liberty? Good times. There isn’t a ton to recommend this window; you may be interested in watching Zion Williamson dunk all over a 16-seed, but I am not particularly interested in snuff films personally.
The Late Window
- (16) Iona vs. (1) North Carolina (8:20 PM, TNT)
- (9) UCF vs. (8) VCU (8:40 PM, CBS)
- (11) Ohio State vs. (6) Iowa State (8:50 PM, TBS)
- (13) St. Louis vs. (4) Virginia Tech (8:57 PM, truTV)
Blah, Most of you will probably be watching baseball instead.
Have fun, and remember: the three-drink minimum and the no-pants rule are in effect.