Letters... we get letters... we get sacks and sacks of letters...
Well, the Mizzourah game was apparently a one week Flowers for Algernon moment, as even though we had two weeks to prepare for South Cackalacky, we were the ones who got kicked square in the penises.
Let me summarize the game for those who didn’t get a chance to watch:
- We’re up 7-0 (that’s good!)
- They scored 24 unanswered (that’s bad!)
More specifically, Mo Hasan was concussed, and then Riley Neal got concussed. The Deuce played the rest of the game and we cussed.
*Note: Derek Mason claimed ignorance of both injuries, which is... well, completely on brand.
As for The Allan Walters Project, this line in his vucommodores.com bio sums that right up:
As a Redshirt Freshman (2019)• Has not seen action
This is a bad team, folks, and Mason and staff have totally wasted the senior years of the Three Horsemen.
Oh, and there’s this, which is just peachy:
WATCH: Derek Mason explains why a healthy Kalija Lipscomb was in uniform but did not play against South Carolina. https://t.co/4UZPjKYIbr— Adam Sparks (@AdamSparks) November 3, 2019
And again, this is made all the worse for the fact that there’s not even Chugger Schadenfreude to look forward to, as they beat the Franzia out of UAB.
Lots of fodder for the question mill, and all of it is terrible. Happy Monday.
Here are the rules of the mail bag:
- This is a football mailbag, so limit your questions to Vanderbilt football, SEC football, college football, “feetball,” the former Vanderbilt commercial with all the feet in it, and/or Rex Ryan.
- Send your questions to email@example.com by Tuesday (I will post the calls for submissions as reminders on Sunday or Monday each week). You may also post your questions here in the comments. Just post them in the body of the comment, with the subject line: “Question for the mail bag.”
- I will collate the best of said emails/questions in the comments, and cull ones that deal with the same topic (so we don’t have to repeat ourselves multiple times weekly). Then, all Anchor of Gold writers will get the opportunity to chime in. The answers will be published on Thursday or Friday.
- All Anchor of Gold community guidelines apply to the questions. Our basic rule is “don’t be the worst.” Chuggers fans violate this like it’s their birth right.
- Jeff Green travelled.
...and that’s it.
*Note: Questions about other SEC football teams are welcome, too. We just won’t know as much about them, and will likely respond with juvenile, biased trash talk.
I will do this weekly as long as the questions keep coming in. If they dry up, no post. I’m not mad, just disappointed.