Vanderbilt had the exact same effective field goal percentage as Butler (49.04%) and lost by 10. Or in other words...
Yeah, that seems like the proper reaction to a 10-point loss to a top 25 team (no, I don’t care what the AP poll says and neither should you) on a neutral court that was a tie game with eight and a half minutes left.
Pretty sure that Stallings wouldn't be 2-3 through 5 games with this team Vandy has.— Christian Kaposy (@cpkaposy18) November 25, 2016
@VandySportscom has that portrait of Bryce Drew been painted on the wall yet?— Brian Bates (@brianbatescomic) November 25, 2016
Bryce Drew i hope you turn this time around because you have not shown me shit yet from you— Baskin (@hunter_baskin24) November 25, 2016
Oh. Oh, dear.
I realize this probably isn’t a representative sample of the Vanderbilt fan base at all, but of all games this is the one you picked to throw a tantrum about?
I don’t really have much of substance to say about this game because I was only halfway watching it. Matthew Fisher-Davis played 11 minutes — and didn’t play at all in the second half. He wasn’t hurt, either, from what I could tell; this was just an example of a coach deciding that he didn’t like his star player’s effort and benching him as a result.
- Hey, at least the bench showed up, amirite?
- Jeff Roberson and Riley LaChance were fine, and Payton Willis was basically giving you what Matthew Fisher-Davis normally would.
- On the other hand, that’s an absolutely cringe-worthy stat line from Luke.
- Djery Baptiste has shown some promise early this season, but I really hope Bryce Drew doesn’t fall into the trap that Stallings did with Damian Jones and Luke Kornet. No, playing Baptiste and Kornet on the floor together is probably a bad idea.
- HEY, PHILLIP MCGLOIN SIGHTING!