This seemed to work pretty well yesterday. Alas, it's a busy week for me because it's finals week here at UW. (Perhaps you didn't hear about this, but it seems Stanford also had finals last weekend. I wonder if any of their players had to take a final over the weekend?)
Here's some other stuff around the site and the network:
- Andrew has a great detailed rundown of the Commodores' stats post-SR.
- Are you smarter than a Nashville Super Regional starting pitcher? Courtesy of VandyTigerPhD, take the AoG Physics "Test" and prove it!
- VU signee Cody Reed instead opted for the pros and $1M, which has everyone a little sad and angry (with the possible exception of me; in my naïveté, I just figure pro teams are there to try to win pro games, and a million bucks is a lot to turn down unless you're really sure you want to go to college. But that naïveté is why I don't write the baseball articles here).
- The CWS field is set, with Ole Miss, #3 Virginia, and #7 TCU making it in. So, two of the eight national seeds make it, both in the other half of the draw. Apparently that's the first time Ole Miss has made it in a while or something. They seem happy, if not just relieved.
- Luulvul fans are pretty confident, and Coach Dan McDonnell is pretty emotional about their SR win.
So lo and behold, the SEC has 1/4 of the field. Not as impressive as the Big
XII 10 12 getting 30% of its membership in the CWS, but hey, we did our part and that's what matters.
Anyway, prattle on!