Anchor of Gold Ballot /// Results at Garnet and Black Attack on Wednesday-ish
Since the table doesn't fit on the main page, here are the rankings with commentary. The full table after the jump.
- Kentucky Wildcats - Not getting knocked off their perch until they lose in conference
- Vanderbilt Commodores - A completely different team now that they’re getting Ezeli back to full strength. Chance to secure #2 spot this week.
- Mississippi St. Bulldogs - The transfer Moultrie is making a major impact for the Bulldogs. We’ll learn more about them this week.
- Florida Gators - The Gators were stunned by Tennessee on the road, a costly slip up this early.
- Alabama Crimson Tide - Is Bama as good as their KenPom ranking? We’ll find out this week.
- Tennessee Volunteers - If I’m giving VU some slack for losing without Ezeli, I’m giving UT some slack for just adding Stokes. They get the chance to earn it for keeps this week.
- Arkansas Razorbacks - Arkansas takes the 7th spot thanks to their victory over LSU this past weekend.
- LSU Tigers - It’s interesting to see how quickly the luster of that "surprise" team moniker evaporated.
- Mississippi Rebels - Quick math formula: Best player dismissed (Dundrecous Nelson, the marjuana) =/= Dubyas. Alternative: if Dundrecous Nelson hadn’t been dismissed, Ole Miss would be much higher
- Auburn Tigers - If the light preconference schedule doesn’t come back to bite them, I could see Auburn finishing the season much higher.
- Georgia Bulldogs - After the results against Bama and Florida, I thought the Bulldogs showed a lot more heart against Vandy. If Fox can get that effort from them consistently, the Bulldogs will move up. Kentavious is a player.
- South Carolina Gamecocks - The Gamecocks need a little more time for Bruce Ellington to gel. Darrin Horn hopes it doesn’t happen too late.
|##||Team||Overall||SEC||KenPom||Last Week||This Week|
|01||Kentucky Wildcats||17-01||3-0||005||W15-@Aub, W3-@UT||vs. Ark, vs. Ala|
|02||Vanderbilt Commodores||13-04||3-0||036||W10-@SC, W11-vUGA||@ Ala, vs. MSt|
|03||Mississippi St. Bulldogs||15-03||2-1||056||W4-vUT, W4-vAla||@MS, @VU|
|04||Florida Gators||14-04||2-1||012||W22-vUGA, W14-@SC||vs. LSU|
|05||Alabama Crimson Tide||13-04||2-1||014||W16-vLSU, L4-@MSt||vs. VU, @ UK|
|06||Tennessee Volunteers||08-09||1-2||100||L4-@MSt, L3-vUK||@ UGA, vs. UConn|
|07||Arkansas Razorbacks||13-04||2-1||079||L8-@MS, W9-vLSU||@ UK, vs. Mich|
|08||LSU Tigers||11-06||1-2||077||L16-@Ala, L9-@Ark||vs. Aub, @ UF|
|09||Mississippi Rebels||11-06||1-2||124||W8-vArk, L1-@Aub (2OT)||vs. MSt, @ UGA|
|10||Auburn Tigers||11-06||1-2||207||L15-vUK, W1-vMS (2OT)||@ LSU, vs. SC|
|11||Georgia Bulldogs||09-08||0-3||135||L22-@UF, L11-@VU||vs. UT, vs. MS|
|12||South Carolina Gamecocks||08-09||0-3||130||L10-vVU, L14-vUF||@ Aub, vs. Ala|