So I have been perusing Craigslist this morning to see what bait has been thrown out for rabid Kentucky fans by Vandy faithful with asking prices for tickets to tomorrow's game. I came across this posting for Section 2F. Fairly reasonable, I would guess. As I trolled on over to our good friend Ebay, I came across this bad boy. 1,000 dollars for 15th row seats! What has this become?
A part of me really likes the fact that a Vanderbilt basketball game could warrant someone asking for 500 dollars per ticket. A part of me really wonders if I would rather have 1000 dollars or a Vandy win tomorrow. I started to think about what a Kentucky fan could get on Ebay for 1,000 dollars that could make them a lot happier than seeing their Cats lose to Vandy tomorrow.
1. Signed 2010 Kentucky Team Basketball - Pretty awesome, especially if you think they are going all the way this year. Much better investment over the long haul than tickets Saturday. Can you tell me this would be less enjoyable than seeing John Calipari sitting at the end of the bench with his head in his hands after realizing who the true class of the SEC is?
2. Not one, not two, but yes THREE Kentucky Wildcats Full Size Licensed Wood Headboard - The parents of abandoned UK children could regain the love of their offspring by springing for three of these glorious headboards. Can you tell me this would be less enjoyable than seeing Ligons realize he can't shoot and go 0-7 from behind the arc?
3. Nothing says class like a UK office chair. I mean, how could a boss not spring for three of these for his employees? Productivity would skyrocket by a factor of ten with the wildcat emblem spurring workers on from behind. Can you tell me this would be less enjoyable than seeing John Wall break down in tears when he realizes he picked the wrong school?
4. Three Chrome Bar Pub Tables - Any bar owner's customers would love him or her forever for supplying their Lexington bar with these beautiful CHROME bar tables. Can you tell me this would be less enjoyable than seeing Lance Goulbourne make Patrick Patterson cry?
5. Three UK ceiling fans! - Now, I know most UK supporters don't have air conditioning, so fans are a must in every Kentucky house. Once these bad boys are turned on, the blades deliver that cool Kentucky air, and at the same time bring fans back to the glory days of Mark Pope and Scott Padgett. Can you tell me this would be less enjoyable than seeing John Jenkins make the Memorial Crowd explode?
Come on, UK fans, make the smart choice. Don't bother coming to Nashville.