Before we begin this open thread, I'd like to remind you that while anteaters appear monstrous and other-worldly, they are primarily to be feared by ants. Commodores are quite larger than ants.
I repeat: Commodores are quite larger than ants.
We all know the story-lines at this point (but humor me while I recap them):
- This is the first ever match-up of Vanderbilt and UC Irvine on the baseball diamond.
- Good Beede v. Bad Beede
- Bryan Reynolds' "Dirty White Boy" stache v. The Juan Valdez Stache-a-Like Club of UC Irvine's pitching staff.
- Small Ball v. Even Smaller Ball
- Dansby "The Mansby" Swanson v. The Canadian All Girl Pop Band known as Taylor Sparks
- RHP Tyler Beede v. LHP Elliott Surrey
It begins.... NOW!
Here's today's line-up according to @VandyVaseball (no surprises):
VU Lineup: Swanson 2B, Reynolds LF, Conde SS, Wiel 1B, Turner 3B, Wiseman RF, Norwood CF, Fulmer DH, Delay C, Beede RHP
*Additional reminder: If you took the Physics test, the results can be found here. I'm sure, like fellow comment-er "lsmsrbls," you received a perfect score. Let's all agree that that statement is true and move along. Nothing to see here...