Reports abound that Texas A&M officially sent notice to Dan Beebe, Big 12 Commissioner, that they plan to explore their conference affiliation options and asked the Big 12 to fully document the withdrawal process.
Breaking: Texas A&M sends official notice to Dan Beebe and Big 12 that they will explore conference options. And so it begins...
Most consider it a formality that A&M will seek an invitation to join the Southeastern Conference. This is not exactly new news.
Assuming this takes place, please answer the following questions:
- Are you for or against Texas A&M joining the SEC?
- Should the SEC immediately seek a 14th conference member to balance out the schedules?
- Assuming the SEC eventually goes to 14, who should team #14 be and why?
- Who moves to the East?
- Should the SEC stop at 13 / 14 or move to 16?
- Assuming we are moving to 16-team superconferences, what other two teams should the SEC approach?
- How will the SEC be organized? 2 divisions, 4 divisions? Who is where?
- Which 4 of the big conferences survive?
- What kind of impact will this have on Vanderbilt?