The Vanderbilt Commodores are licking their wounds after two unsuccessful campaigns versus superior opponents. The next assignment presents an outstanding opportunity to rebound, though the challenge is once again formidable. A win would go a long way towards acquiring bowl eligibility.
Week 4 Target: The University of Georgia Bulldogs
Football specifics after the jump.
Most of this was taken straight from the Georgia game notes. The information is theirs. We are just saving you from the PDF monsters.
- Georgia's game notes is playfully called "Dog Tracks." I didn't realize the UGA Athletic Department were noted canine racing enthusiasts. The more you know...
- The VU-UGA series first began in 1893 in Nashville. Georgia leads all-time 51-18-2, and have won 15 of the last 16 meetings. Mark Richt is 9-1 against Vanderbilt. [/Hahnfeldt'd]
- Casey Heyward is tied with UGA's Bacarri Rambo for the SEC lead with four interceptions.
- Vanderbilt is 12th in the SEC in third down conversion (18.5 percent). Georgia is 7th at 38.6 percent.
- Georgia has outscored its opponents 61-10 in the first quarter. UGA has only allowed three first quarter SEC points.
- Georgia's OL average a height of 6' 4" and a weight of 329 lbs.
- Under Aaron Murray, the Bulldogs are 3rd in the SEC in passing offense, averaging 235.8 yards per game. Murray has 20 TDs to 5 INTs.
- Georgia and Florida are the only two SEC teams to score first in all of their games this season.
- Murray had the highest passing efficiency rating for a freshman in the nation last season and finished 14th overall at 154.48, which was second in UGA history. Murray currently is 4th in the SEC with a rating of 150.2.
- Jr. ILB Mike Gilliard leads the team with 40 tackles, while So. OLB Jarvis Jones is second with 33.
- "After having just one sack through the first three games, the Bulldog defense has tallied 11 sacks following the last three wins over SEC opponents. Georgia had four in the road win over Ole Miss and then exploded for five against Mississippi State. Junior OLB Cornelius Washington has 3.5 sacks (-35 yards) and sophomore OLB Jarvis Jones has three (-27 yards) to lead the Dog defense. However, Washington will be unavailable against the Commodores while completing a two-game suspension." ---- Something tells me they will be registering some sacks despite Washington's absence. WOULD LOVE TO BE WRONG.
- Over its four game winning streak, the Bulldogs have held opponents to 133 yards rushing combined.
- Georgia has a John Jenkins as well. OUR JOHN JENKINS IS A BILLION TIMES MORE BADASS. SORRY GEORGIA BUT YOU LOSE ON THIS ONE.
- Actual section headline "Boca Bulldog Booter Back." I suppose this means something to someone. Unfortunately there is no explanation. Remember how creepy Unsolved Mysteries was? This is one is less creepy.
Kenarious Gates = ken-AIR-ee-ous
Isaiah Crowell = cro-WELL
Tavarres King = Ta-VAR-ess
Rantavious Wooten = ran-TAY-vee-ous
Abry Jones = A-bree
Kwame Geathers = KWAM-ee
Reuben Faloughi = fuh-LOW-gee
Michael Gilliard = GIL-yard
Sanders Commings = CUM-mings
Bacarri Rambo = ba-CAR-ee
Brandon Bogotay = BO-guh-tay